PS4 development has the following additional requirements:
- You need a Sony DevNet account so you can install the Playstation SDK Manager, including the Video Service SDK.
- Before installing the Playstation SDK Manager, you must have already installed:
Do the following steps:
- Ensure the following software is installed on your machine: Visual Studio, Ruby and Ruby protobuf, and CMake.
- Download and install the Sony Playstation SDK Manager. The Playstation SDK Manager starts automatically.
- When requested, supply your Sony DevNet account credentials and click OK.
- Select the PlayStation 4 tab and click Install SDK.
- Ensure SDK6.000 is selected as the Playstation SDK version to install from the dropdown list.
- Click the Suggested Packages button located at the top-right corner of the window to install the required packages.
- Ensure that Video Service SDK is selected in the Package list. Click Next.
The Video Service SDK package requires special permission from Sony to be enabled and displayed during installation. The PS4 app will not build without the Video Service SDK package installed on your computer.
- Click Next in the Components to install list.
- Accept the license agreement. The Playstation SDKs are installed.
- Click Next when the Important Notice screen is displayed.
- Click Finish in the final screen to complete the process.
- Restart your computer.
Now that the IDE and dependencies are installed, you can move on to Setting Up the You.i Engine One Software.